Monday, June 11, 2007

Am I a kid-adult?

Song of the day:
Electrico
"Hello"


Ok.

I admit "laziness kills Kelvin online". LOL.

Ya. Part of the reason is laziness.

But I usually blame that on "the lack of ideas or inspiration or whatever you wanna call it".

Updates about me:

  • I've been undergoing practical training for 6 weeks already (excluding this week)
  • I've been playing FM 2005 since don't know when till now...
  • My life has been a mess since the BBQ and steamboat during the previous week
  • I've been eating fruits daily just to improve my digestive system
  • And walaa I've started chewing my food a lot more than before...
Anyway, it's been a nice weekend since I've an additional off day due to the Agong's Birthday holiday replacement..

Returning to the title today, kid-adult, what is it?

Interestingly enough, I gotta know a lot about this term through a Chinese newspaper (Sinchew Daily, Malaysian Chinese newspaper).

Ironic.

A kid-adult basically is an adult who wants to be in a fantasy world, a childish world.

In other words, he/she wants to do childish things, want to live the way he/she lives when he/she was young.

The possible actions of a kid-adult are possibly as listed below:
  • Loves to collect toys and figurines
  • Chats on MSN using tonnes and tonnes of emoticons
  • Addicted to computer games (everyone is nowadays, but well...)
I don't know why they list these activities to show that an adult is a kid-adult.

But you get the meaning, don't you?

Anyway, a kid-adult is also known to always avoid him/herself from the reality of life and therefore, he/she loves to change his/her living environment. Some even always change their working environment in order to achieve such purpose.

Another important note from the article is that these so-called kid-adults would always spend their money on holidays or always reward themselves after a month long work.

Hmm... I wonder what that means but hey, basically they want to remain as a kid, living as a kid, enjoy life as a kid.

As I read on, a question strucked me: "Am I a kid-adult?".

There are some characteristics pointed out in the article which are similar to mine.

I don't know how to explain but...

Since I entered UTM, I never really wanna indulge myself in engineering.

So I sorta like escape from reality and use certain things/do certain activities to keep myself OUT of the way of life in UTM.

It's pretty obvious that I don't really wanna commit myself to a lot of things happening in UTM and in my course.

Sigh.

And maybe a way of escaping was by watching more football.. :)

I fear sometimes that I might do that (escaping from reality) more when I start working.

Most of the people know that I don't really like engineering.

It's hard for me to do something which I don't really have interest to do.

Just ask Reyes. If you force him to stay at Arsenal, he might commit suicide. :)

But the fact is that one can't force another person to do what he/she doesn't want to.

I know for a matter of fact that a lot of people around me who really ain't studying/doing what they really want/prefer.

Somebody would say, "C'mon, face facts...".

I'm still seriously thinking about the "face facts" part in life though.

Tough...

Crossroads of life....

Maybe for now I'm a kid-adult but let's see... Hmm...

Btw, it's already June and it's very quiet in all fronts (music-wise, Arsenal-wise) and it's boring at this point of time.

Patience is the key to success.. That's how I deceive myself.. Haha

0 Kay Poh Comments: