Friday, October 03, 2008

Now we know why...

Song of the day:
Melee
"Imitation"

I was thinking a few days back about the chaos the world has been facing lately.

The USA financial crisis, the milk and melanin incident, and in football, the various unresolved problems like racial abuse etc.

I've been searching for a phrase to explain why all these have been happening and are still left unresolved.

Today, a super quote from my idol, Arsene Wenger, came up with the best quote I've ever seen in my entire life.

"Arsene Wenger: Stupidity IS contagious, from Setanta Sports", as shown on Newsnow.

Ya, Monsieur Wenger was referring to the racial abuse Sol Campbell has faced at Fratton Park in last weekend's game against Tottenham "I'm a top 4 team" Hotspur.

I mean, the Frenchman is correct about this.

From the beginning of the human race, it has been bragged that humans, Homo Sapiens, are the most intelligent spesies in the world.

Well, I don't admit it but nor would I deny it.

However, let's fast forward to today's world. Will you still see humans as the most intelligent?

Let's see.

Financial crisis? Do animals really have such problems?

Note that the current financial crisis is all man-made disaster.

The entire financial system are made by the so-called "intelligent" humans.

And they play with the system to earn profit, gain personal benefit etc.

So the "who cares about the future" attitude is always there, ever present.

Once the consequences of such attitude come in, we then have a man-made crisis, i.e. this financial crisis.

A lot of these crisis actually happen due to human's stupidity.

I don't know how to describe it but stupidity can be very contagious.

Another thing I wanna talk about is the mentality of "what the majority do is correct".

This one is stupidity at the highest level.

Take the average Malaysian society for example.

A lot of Malaysians are very inconsiderate when it comes to car-parking.

They resort to all sorts of parking methods, be it legal or illegal.

Some even don't care about their vehicles blocking other people's way or endangering other people's lives.

And the worst thing of all is that people do it because others do it.

Isn't it stupid for them to say that? 

What the society always does IS NOT ALWAYS CORRECT!

I mean, this is the consequence of a democratic society. Looking at what the majority do. So the minority follows the majority.

If I continue with this, I'll end up slamming democracy because I'm not really a big fan of this system.

Don't get me wrong. This system is good but it requires an extremely ideal environment and people to implement this system.

Well, like I've said, when people put the blame on society when they do something wrong by saying others do it too, these people have already contracted what I call stupidity.

Think about it.

0 Kay Poh Comments: