Monday, August 25, 2008

Can't Get Over It... - The Beginning and Heading Towards 1st Year

Song of the day:
Jack Black
"School of Rock"

Starting from this entry, I'll post a series of entries regarding my memories in UTM.

It'll be a 4 parter series which will be posted daily I suppose.

Each chapter will consist of one or more chapters which is divided by bold wordings.

****************************************************

The Beginning

2 nights ago, at around 5 sth in the morning, I was lying on the bed, getting ready to sleep.

I realise that I was still thinking of my old friends in UTM, especially those I’ve yumcha with the last before everyone basically went on separate ways to work in different places.

Then I reminisce the old days in UTM, when I first stepped in UTM together with my dad, who drove me to the varsity for the first day of orientation.

And I would always repeat the same old stuff over and over again about the first person I got to know in UTM.

Sei Hwa is the fella. Haha.

I think he will be pretty proud to be mentioned by me so many times. (I received his sms on Sunday, with the message content similar to the caption I’ve placed below the Convocation picture taken together with him).

Then after the UTM registration session ended in KTC (Kolej Tuanku Canselor, which is a residential college), I collected the keys to my room and of course headed to my room to place my stuff.

And there was where I knew the first fella who was in the same course (SEE) as I was, Kinlik.

Basically we mixed around quite ok and were helping each other almost all the time. 

My room mate was a Sabahan named Christo. He was a bit of a talkative fella and I remembered that he chatted with his friend/family (as I surely couldn’t know who he was chatting with at the time) in the middle of the night, causing me to suffer from insomnia for the rest of the orientation.

Well, then after the registration of course at my faculty, I got to know who my course mates were and they were; Foo, Ang, Soo, Yong, Wong, Amy, and later, Chanuri.

Something I couldn’t forget was that during the course registration at my faculty, there was one girl who caught my attention.

She looked like a Chinese due to her super fair skin tone but she wore baju kurung during that time. In the end, when her name was called upon, I got to know that she’s a Malay girl.

Of course, for SEE fellas, you should’ve known that the girl is Amira. Hehe.

****************************************************

Heading Towards the 1st Year

After the orientation, my official hostel room was relocated to the new block in the same residential college but was in a more rural area of the college, block S44/45/46 (I couldn’t remember the exact number but those blocks were in the same area).

I liked the location as it was pretty quiet and green, pretty conducive for studying and living.

As few of my course mates were staying at the top level of the block, I usually headed towards their rooms to collect senior’s notes and do some electronic stuff. 

And from there, I knew some fellas from other course such as Electronics (SEL), Mechatronics (SEM) and others.

I got to know some of them by their names, i.e. Eng Xiang, Chun Vui, Aaron, Alex, Kevin, Ing Hui (whom they always nicknamed as “God”. Don’t ask me why though. Maybe he’s super duper good. Hehe.)

At the same time, I also got to know a senior named Yap who was a JB fella. He studied in SDJ during form 6 and sometimes I did chat with him about JB and our past during secondary school.

Too bad we didn’t keep in touch but I assumed that he must be living quite well at the moment. (:

Turning to the females, after a few weeks of lectures, I got to know more about Amy and Chanuri through constant gathering during lesson breaks and lunch time.

I still remember that some of the SEE guys were trying to woo Amy after attending a talk session by the Buddhist Society of UTM (or something like that) on romance or something like that. (Do correct me if I’m wrong).

It was a big laugh for me when I heard about it because I felt that they were pretty desperate for relationships.

But to be honest, kinda recall, most of the SEE fellas were from other states and it’s inevitable that they might want a partner to go through the challenges of life.

Well, the first year was not going to be easy for a lot of young adults but nevertheless most of us pulled through and managed to obtain good results.

Then 2nd year and 3rd came.

0 Kay Poh Comments: