Sunday, February 10, 2008

CNY Celebration: 2nd Day's Malacca Move

Song of the day:
Melee
"Can't Hold On"


It's been a while since don't know when that my family started the idea to travel to Malacca on the 2nd day of CNY.


Solid proof that I went to Malacca

But it proves to be an okay idea for now since most of my mom's family members have passed away.

Malacca trip?

EXCELLENT and FRUITFUL!

As I promise, picture galore can be anticipated.

First of all, let's ponder upon the next few pictures for a while.







Comments anybody? Post it on my comments box :D

Introducing Jayden, my cute little nephew.

Just imagine me being an uncle since 8 years ago.

I've to admit that I'm old :(

This cute little fella has a pair of HUGEEEEEE eyes, which are quite scary at times.

The first stop of my Malacca trip was my Auntie's house whereby my auntie is little Jayden's grandmom.

And imagine how beautiful Jayden's mom is (she's my cousin sister).


Jayden's mom and dad

Getting back to the trip, my family started the journey from JB at around 10 am and we reached Malacca at about 1.30 pm.

As I've said, our first stop was my auntie's house.

As we chatted with my auntie and her family, usually my cousin bro (my auntie's son) would also bring his family over as my cousin bro is my dad's favourite nephew.

Introducing another young handsome fella, Wei Yan.



Wei Yan's dad is my cousin.

Ain't Wei Yan handsome?

Kids nowadays look like westerners :(

According to Wei Yan's parents, he doesn't touch meat, well, not exactly 100% but he doesn't really like meat (other than fried chicken).

When me and my dad heard that, we were like "is he the descendant of Tripitaka?"

*Note: Tripitaka is a monk who is the lead character in 西遊記 or Journey To The West, which is one of the 4 main classical chinese epic stories.

Wei Yan is definitely fair enough to become a monk. :D

Even me thinks that he looks like one.


Wei Yan, his dad and my dad

Lotsa chatting and eating in my auntie's house till it's very unbelievable that I've produced the following picture.


Cookie Monster or Boredom Killer?

After hours of chatting, we headed to our accomodation to check in.

Just listen to the name of the hotel... Semabuk Inn.

The sound of the word makes me feel drunk :D..

Mabuk means drunk in Malay while se- is a prefix which means "same" or "as (insert adjective) as".

Weird names for places in Malaysia for sure. *Insert shifty eye emoticon*

Our 2nd visiting spot was my grand auntie's house.

Well we missed the annual lion dance show in my grand auntie's house as the troupe just left my grand auntie's place as we headed towards there.

Nevertheless, we still got the chance to meet her and other relatives as well.

Lotsa chatting and stuff too.

Oh ya, this is the group picture that had been taken. It was my idea though *Grins*



Good memories to be brought back from Malacca.

Last stop was my uncle's house (my dad's bro's place).

The same old thing: chatting and eating.

That's what CNY is all about, especially the red packets or angpows. :D

2nd day was purely visiting and chatting and eating BUT there were lots of eye candy stuff such as Jayden and Wei Yan.

I love the atmosphere in Malacca in a way that Malacca is just full of CNY mood wherever you go.

There are pretty awful lots of Singaporeans whose relatives are in Malacca.

It's also worth noting that in Malacca, people also speak a lot of English and Mandarin most likely because most of them have lived in KL or JB or even Singapore for quite some time already.

Definitely a mixture of different stuff. :)

That's definitely wonderful to see.

Previous: CNY Celebration: The First Day

2 Kay Poh Comments:

megadisc said...

wah kao !
nice blog man !
truly family orinted

Anonymous said...

Your nephew's eyes are really big...
Handsome like You...
Happy Chinese New Year!