Monday, February 18, 2008

CNY Celebration: Satay Feast!!

Song of the day:
Nightwish
"Amaranth"


Hey guys!

Finally I'm back after a dreadful week of revision and studying for tests.

Ya, T.E.S.T. is just so unbelievably time wasting.

CNY celebrations haven't really ended yet as we, me the Chinese celebrate it for 15 days.

It's already the 18th of February 2008 and 3 more days we'll have day 15th.

We call the 15th day:

元宵节 (Yuánxiāo jié)

And my mom just told me that we (my family) will be having a dinner on Wednesday to celebrate day 15th (even though Wednesday is supposed to be day 14th).

As the title of this blog entry suggests, I'll head towards my last part of the CNY trip.

******
Just as you thought that 2nd day Malacca trip was fun...



Introducing

MING SATE HUT

Who's the owner?

Ans: My dad's cousin sister and her husband

What's so special about the food?


1. Price: not very cheap but not expensive at all.


Variety of "meat" stick


My favourite fried BBQ intestines sate (salivating :p)

2. Yummy-licious, irresistible, unbelivably tasty sate



3. Sweet+Sour+Not Spicy chili gravy with bootylicious
rice cubes (ketupat) and cooling, refreshing cucumba!



4. Refillable chili gravay for the gravy lovers :D



5. Thirst-quenching, satisfying carrot milk juice
(of course there are other choices of beverages :p)

What more can you ask for? *Surprised*

So how's the "damage" like for each visit to Ming Sate Hut?


Bowls and bowls that have to be washed


Dozens of "empty" sate sticks on show

*Note: Left 15 sticks (Me Kelvay :p); Middle 22 sticks (Lanvin my bro); Right 20 (Alvin my bro)

And of course $$ka-ching$$.

Well, the meal was satisfying and it certainly marked "the end" of my Malacca journey.

It was short I know, but fulfilling and meaningful enough for me to produce 2 blog entries about it.

Anyway, since the end of CNY celebrations is near, I take this opportunity to thank all my friends who've at least made the effort to visit me house and family.

Truly thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Guys, have a great year ahead and all the best!

0 Kay Poh Comments: