Sunday, February 10, 2008

CNY Celebration: The Beginning

Song of the day:
Chris Brown featuring T-Pain
"Kiss Kiss"


Well, finally the huge day has come.

Chinese New Year, also known as Lunar New Year or 年, is one of the 3 most important celebrations to me.

*The other two are Christmas (even though I'm not a Christian) and New Year celebration.

As usual, I'm super proud to be a Chinese.

Thus, CNY would definitely be the biggest event in my entire year.

I just came back from Malacca yesterday, which is the 3rd day of CNY.

Pretty exciting celebrations this time around though and I've lots to talk about on my beloved blog site.

So, there'll be 3 parts of the CNY celebrations and we'll start with CNY Celebration: The Beginning.

***

Well, this part would feature lots about the CNY eve, which is also very important in the CNY celebrations.

This time around, lotsa people have already gone back to their hometowns to have reunion dinner before the clock strikes at 12 midnight.

It's a damn important dinner as it signifies reunion amongst all family members.

Food would most probably be the supporting character in this dinner :D

In the past few years, my family has been celebrating CNY eve in a slightly different, especially after my grandparents passed away.

We used to go back to KL before that but in the past few years, we've stayed in JB because of the reason stated earlier.

As I said, reunion dinner is vital and thus on CNY eve, my cousin and his wife would join us for dinner.

Food? Lotsa them *Evil grin*
Salted vegies soup, roasted pork, mixed vegies, roasted duck and chicken, black sauce chicken with fatt choy etc.
Yummy :D

Next up, the unofficial "gambling den" opens for a while before heading for the countdown and firecracker show.

For your info, firecrackers are banned in Malaysia but hey, at 12 midnight, sounds of firecrackers and fireworks are everywhere.

Who even cares about firecrackers ban, especially in Malaysia? *Evil grin*



It has been a fun day on CNY eve, that's for sure.

Next up, we'll have my report on the first day of CNY.

Lots to talk about my trip to Malacca.

Stay tuned.

0 Kay Poh Comments: